Airtel data borrowing is a service that allows eligible Airtel subscribers to borrow data bundles and pay back later. It is a convenient option for those who need to stay connected but are unable to purchase a data bundle due to insufficient airtime balance or any other reason.
The Airtel data borrowing service is available to all prepaid subscribers who meet the eligibility criteria. The borrowed data can be used for browsing the internet, sending and receiving emails, downloading files, and using various mobile apps.
To be eligible for borrowing data from Airtel, you need to meet the following requirements:
1. Have an active Airtel line: You must have an active Airtel line that has been registered and is in use. Your line must also be linked to a valid and active bank account.
2. Regular usage: You must have been using your Airtel line regularly to make calls, send SMS, and browse the internet. Airtel checks your usage history to determine your eligibility for data borrowing.
3. Minimum balance: You must have a minimum airtime balance of N0.00 to be eligible to borrow data from Airtel.
4. No outstanding loans: You must not have any outstanding loan or debt on your line. If you have previously borrowed airtime or data from Airtel, you must pay back the loan before you can borrow again.
5. Sim registration status: Your Airtel line must be duly registered and verified in compliance with the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) directives.
Once you meet these requirements, you can check borrow data from your Airtel line. Airtel will send you a message informing you if you are eligible to borrow data, and if yes, the amount of data you can borrow.
See also: Airtel Night Plan 25 for 500 MB
Steps on How to Borrow Data from Airtel
Step 1: Dial *500# from your Airtel line to access the Airtel Borrow Data Menu.
Step 2: Select option 3, which is “Borrow Data” from the list of options presented on the screen.
Step 3: Choose the amount of data you want to borrow, which ranges from 10MB to 1.5GB, depending on your eligibility.
Step 4: Confirm the data bundle you want to borrow by selecting the option that corresponds to your preferred data plan.
Step 5: Once the transaction is successful, the borrowed data will be credited to your account, and you can start using it right away.
Step 6: Payback the borrowed data when your airtime balance is sufficient, and you will be eligible to borrow again.
That’s it! It’s that simple to borrow data from Airtel. It’s important to note that the amount of data you can borrow depends on your eligibility, which is determined by various factors such as how long you have been an Airtel customer and your usage history.
See also: How to Check Data Balance on Airtel
Originally posted on April 21, 2023 @ 10:20 am