What is Ovulation:
Ovulation is the process in which a matured egg is released from the ovary into the fallopian tube and it usually happens between 13 to 15 days before the start of your period.
The egg stays in the fallopian tube to await fertilization by sperm. If fertilization doesn’t occur after 12 to 24 hours, the egg will begin to deteriorate.
However, if the fertilization of egg and sperm occurs during 12 to 24 hours, a transfer is made to the uterus for 6 to 12 days for possible implantation.
See also: Clove Soaked In Water For Infection
What is an Irregular Period:
A period is considered when it falls within any of the 2 situations mentioned below:
1. When it tends to come earlier or later, i.e, when it comes earlier than 21 days after the last cycle was concluded or less often than every 35 days.
2. When it varies by 7 to 9 days from cycle to cycle.
See also: Benefits Of Eating Pineapple For A Woman
Some causes of irregular periods are:
• Stress and lifestyle factors
• Birth control pills
• Pelvic inflammatory disease
• Polycystic ovary syndrome
• Premature ovarian insufficiency
Side effects of irregular periods are:
• Heavy bleeding
• Light bleeding
• Intense pain or cramping
• Nausea or vomiting
• Bleeding or spotting between menstruation
• Bleeding or spotting after sex
How To Calculate Ovulation With Irregular Periods
To calculate your ovulation despite having an irregular period, simply subtract 14 days from the total number of days in your menstrual cycle. For example, if the total number of days in your menstrual cycle is 35 days, your ovulation day will be between day 20th to 22nd.
Originally posted on January 14, 2022 @ 8:02 pm