Enabling cookies on an iPhone is a simple process that allows websites to store small amounts of data on your device, such as login information or website preferences.
By default, cookies are usually enabled on the iPhone, but in some cases, they may be disabled. Here’s how to enable cookies on an iPhone running iOS 15 or later:
1. Open the Settings app: On your iPhone’s Home screen, tap the “Settings” app icon to open it.
2. Navigate to Safari settings: In the Settings app, scroll down until you see “Safari” and tap on it.
3. Enable cookies: In the Safari settings, scroll down until you see “Privacy & Security” and tap on it. Under the “Privacy & Security” section, you should see an option for “Block All Cookies”. If this is turned on, you will need to turn it off to enable cookies. Simply tap on the switch to the right of “Block All Cookies” to turn it off.
4. Choose cookie settings: Once you’ve enabled cookies, you can choose your preferred cookie settings. Under the “Privacy & Security” section, you should see an option for “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking”. If this is turned on, you may need to turn it off to allow cookies from certain websites. You can also choose to block cookies from third-party websites or allow all cookies.
5. Close the Settings app: Once you’ve enabled cookies and set your preferences, you can close the Settings app by pressing the Home button or swiping up from the bottom of the screen (depending on your iPhone model).
It’s important to note that enabling cookies can improve your browsing experience on many websites, but it can also compromise your privacy and security.
In addition to enabling cookies in the Safari settings, you may also need to enable cookies for specific apps or websites. To do this, simply navigate to the app or website in question and look for a settings menu or options button. From here, you can usually find a setting to enable cookies or adjust your cookie preferences.
Overall, enabling cookies on an iPhone is a quick and easy process that can help improve your browsing experience on many websites. By understanding how to enable cookies and adjust your cookie preferences, you can stay in control of your privacy and security while browsing the web on your iPhone.
See also: How to Clean iPhone Speaker
Originally posted on March 12, 2023 @ 5:28 pm