On Facebook, likes are a way for users to express their approval or appreciation of a post, photo, video, or comment. When someone likes your post, it means they enjoyed it, found it interesting, or agree with what you shared. Likes are represented by a small thumbs-up icon and a count of the number of likes received.
Likes can be an indication of popularity and engagement on the platform and can help boost the visibility of a post or page. However, some people may feel pressure to receive a certain number of likes or use likes as a measure of self-worth, which can have negative effects on mental health.
Facebook has introduced various features to manage the impact of likes on mental health, including the option to hide the number of likes on posts which we will be learning how to go about it, as well as providing resources for managing social media use and promoting positive online interactions.
How to Hide Reaction Likes on Facebook
Facebook allows users to hide the number of likes on their posts. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Facebook app on your mobile device or go to the Facebook website on your computer.
2. Go to your profile and click on “Settings & Privacy” in the top right corner.
3. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down to “Public Posts” and click on it.
5. Find the “Reactions” option.
6. Turn on the “Hide the number of reactions on posts” toggle switch.
Once you’ve turned on this option, the number of likes or reactions will be hidden from everyone except the post creator.
See also: How to Monetize a Facebook Page
How to Hide Business Page Likes on Facebook
To hide the number of likes on your business page on Facebook, follow these steps:
1. Go to your business page on Facebook.
2. Click on “Settings” in the top right corner.
3. From the left-hand menu, click on “General”.
4. Scroll down to the “Page Visibility” section and click on “Edit”.
5. Check the box next to “Page Likes” to hide the number of likes on your page.
6. Click on “Save Changes” to apply the settings.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the number of likes on your business page will be hidden from anyone who visits the page, including yourself. Note that this setting doesn’t affect the visibility of your posts or other content on the page, only the visibility of the page likes.
See also: How to Target Rich Audience on Facebook
Originally posted on February 26, 2023 @ 10:13 pm