Weight loss is not only a thing for adults, teenagers are also included.
Starting the weight loss journey for teenagers that are above the standard body size for their age is good as it helps reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
As much as it is needed for you as a teen to lose weight, it is also important to lose weight in a healthy way which entails making a healthy diet and some lifestyle changes.
See also: Does Zobo Drink Burn Belly Fat?
As a teenager, the easiest way to lose weight is to keep a healthy diet.
A healthy diet is essential for good health and nutrition as it protects the human body against all forms of malnutrition and communicable and non-communicable diseases.
A healthy lifestyle can be attained only when a diet that contains all essential nutrients required by the human body is kept.
See also: How To Get Pink Lips With Onions
Keeping a healthy diet means eating the following:
1. Fruits like avocados, grape, orange, watermelon, pineapple, e.t.c
2. Vegetables like kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, collards, swiss chards e.t.c
3. Food like boiled potatoes, tuna, salmon, beans, nuts,
4. Whole grains
5. Low-fat dairy like cottage cheese, skimmed milk, yoghurt
6. Lean meats like chicken, turkey, e.t.c
See also: How To Use Onions Juice For Hair Growth
Keeping a healthy diet also means avoiding the following:
1. Food that contains so much salt
2. Sugar-sweetened beverages (soda, fruit drinks, sports drinks)
3. Fruit juice (no more than a small amount per day)
5. Refined grains (white bread, white rice, white pasta) and sweets
6. Potatoes (baked or fried)
7. Red meat (beef, pork, lamb) and processed meats (salami,
8. ham, bacon, sausage)
9. Other highly processed foods, such as fast food
Teenagers are not advised to partake in vigorous exercise, rather they are to participate in easier exercise and aerobic activities like:
These exercises are to be carried out at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.
See also: 15 Fruits That Boost Immune System