Asides from being a well nutritious food, coconut also provides various benefits to human.
Several years back, the wonders of coconut oil were discovered as it offers a wide array of uses.
How To Make Coconut Oil
Making coconut oil is quite easy, there are few steps to follow.
In this article, I will be guiding you through the ingredients or materials required and the process involved in making coconut oil.
Material/Ingredients Needed To Make Coconut Oil
1. Coconut oil
4. Strainer, sieve or cheesecloth
5. Gas or stove
6. Pot or frying pan
7. Storage container.
See also: How To Make Sandalwood Oil At Home
Steps On How To Make Coconut Oil Without Blender
Follow the steps mentioned below to make coconut oil without a blender:
1. Remove the shell from your coconut
2. Cut the coconut into smaller pieces and rinse thoroughly to remove dirt
3. Grate the chopped coconut with your grater
4. Transfer the grated coconut into a container
5. Pour a little amount of water into the grated coconut
6. Pour your grated coconut and water mixture into a sieve to squeeze out the liquid
7. Repeat step 6 until the liquid is finished
8. Pour the liquid coconut and water mixture (called coconut milk) into a strainer or cheesecloth to separate smaller shaft of coconut from the liquid
9. Pour the coconut milk into a pot or frying pan and place it on your gas or stove
10. Heat the coconut milk at low temperature for 1 to 2 hours; gradually, water will evaporate from your coconut milk mixture and oil will start to appear
11. Turn off the heat after the coconut milk has turned into a solid mixture and oil
12. After the oil and solid mixture cools, pour into a strainer to separate the solid mixture from the oil and your coconut oil is ready to be used.
See also: 10 Side Effects Of Bitter Leaf
How To Preserve Or Store Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is best stored in a cool and dry place.
It can also be stored in the fridge. Note that it will freeze so it is advisable to refrigerate only the quantity you won’t be needing soon.
Also, you can return the frozen coconut oil to its liquid state by placing it in a warm environment.
26 Uses Or Benefits Of Coconut Oil
1. It protects the skin from ultraviolet rays
2. It increases the body metabolism
3. It contains saturated fat which is ideal for cooking
4. It fights bacteria in the mouth that causes tooth decay, dental plaque and gum disease
5. It cures dermatitis and eczema
6. It acts as an energy source for the brain and body
7. It can be used to make mayonnaise
8. It acts as a skin moisturizer
9. It contains antibacterial properties that fight infection
10. It increases good HDL cholesterol level
11. It can be used in making chocolate
12. It helps in reducing belly fat
13. It protects the hair from damage
14. It speeds up the healing of cut and injuries
15. It boosts the bone health
16. It can serve as an insect repellant
17. It helps to fight candida infection
18. It can be used to get rid of stains on carpet and furniture
19. It reduces inflammation
20. It serves as a natural deodorant
21. It relieves pain and immobility in the joint
22. It can be used to make wood furniture shine
23. It can serve as a make up removal
24. It protects the liver from damage caused by alcohol or toxin exposure
25. It soothes chapped lips.
Originally posted on June 1, 2021 @ 8:53 pm