For those of you that have been asking if you can open a UBA account online, yes you can.
The United Bank for Africa (UBA) headquartered in Marina, Lagos has made it easier for people looking to open an account with them.
You don’t need to visit the bank if you want to open an account with UBA. In this article, you will find guidelines and instructions on how to open a UBA account online.
See also: How To Check My UBA Bank Account Balance
Benefits Of Having A UBA Account
Zero Opening Balance:
The UBA savings account can be opened without immediate funding, simply put, you can open a UBA account with zero Naira.
Access To Internet And Mobile Banking:
Like other commercial banks, UBA has internet-enabled platforms like their mobile app, website and WhatsApp chatbox (Leo) for internet banking and USSD code for mobile banking.
See also: How To Get My UBA Mobile Banking User ID
Access To Debit Card:
With the UBA debit card, you can make withdrawals, pay your bills with POS and make online payments anywhere in the world.
UBA has a chequebook option available for their customers to set up regular or recurring outgoing payments.
Opening a UBA account allows you to keep money in your account and stay safe from thieves or disasters like fire incidents and so on.
See also: UBA Loan For Non Salary Earners
Requirements For Opening UBA Account Online
1. Account opening form
2. Passport photograph
3. Bank Verification Number (BVN)
4. Valid means of identification example voters card, national ID card, passport
5. Utility bill, example waste management bill (LAWMA), electricity bill, e.t.c
See also: How To Activate UBA Transfer Code
Steps On How To Open A UBA Account Online
1. Click here to log into UBA account opening platform
2. Select your country and submit
3. Select your account type and submit
4. Enter your BVN, phone number, date of birth, email address and account type
5. Tick the “I agree with the terms and condition box” and tap the “Next” button
6. Add a scanned copy of your passport photograph
7. Enter 8 digit activation code sent to your phone number
8. Enter your title, marital status, occupation, country of birth, preferred or closest branch to you, gender, country, state and LGA of residence and home address
9. Upload your ID card, utility bill and your scanned signature
10. Tick the “Yes” box that says “Sign me up for internet banking” and submit
See also: How To Register For UBA Mobile Banking
Originally posted on January 6, 2022 @ 1:38 pm