Data has evolved into the most essential source of information in our daily lives.
WhatsApp has progressed from being a simple communication channel to an information or records management system that takes and stores data on the channel.
You can retrieve your data from iCloud at any time if you have backed it up. Many users are concerned about restoring WhatsApp from iCloud on their iPhone devices. And in most circumstances, critical data must be recovered. So, whether you have a new phone or an old one, you can still access your previously backed-up data using iCloud.
See also: How To Change Password For Apple ID
Requirements for Restoring WhatsApp Backup from iCloud
• Access to internet
• Internet-enabled device
• Access to Apple ID credentials/login details
• iCloud drive must be enabled
• Enough storage space on both iCloud and phone
• Access to the phone number used in backing up
See also: How to Back up WhatsApp to iCloud
Steps on How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from iCloud
If you’re restoring a backup from an old phone, all you have to do is uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp Messenger before proceeding with the procedures below. However, if it’s for a new phone, you’ll need to login into your Apple ID account first before proceeding with the procedures outlined below.
• Open your WhatsApp messenger.
• Locate and tap the “Settings” option.
• Enter your phone number.
• Enter your Apple ID password.
• Enter your 6 digit security code (if enabled previously).
• Next, you’ll get a prompt to restore chat history, click on the “Restore Chat History” option.
• Leave your phone for some minutes to allow the full restoration of your chat.
• After the chats finish restoring, your WhatsApp chat will come on with a header notification saying your chat media are restoring (the time this will take is dependent on the volume of media you have on your WhatsApp).
See also: How To Clear Cache On iPhone Apps
Originally posted on April 13, 2022 @ 7:48 pm